Developing your Leadership Style
Try Before You Buy
Ever heard the saying, “Throw the ball how people want to catch it”? Nowhere is this insight more valuable than when it comes to developing your leadership style. A leader needs to be flexible, adaptable, insightful and willing to lead a team not only in a way that works best for them but brings out the best in them. Developing a leadership style that’s appropriate for your own context can be challenging. Leadership theories and ideas can change over time and it can be difficult to know which to apply to your own practice. This online short course will give you a concentrated overview and evaluation of different leadership theories and styles, as well as, insight into how leadership plays out within your own organisation.
I want to:
To sign up for this course, please register as a student first:
If you have already registered as student before you can login here
Please complete the form below to refer your friend
You’ll explore leadership for 21st Century organisations and how adaptive leadership is increasingly changing the structure of leadership in our current climate. And you’ll be powered up with both the knowledge and key practical skills to develop your own effective leadership style in your given context.
This course is designed for managers across all sectors, at both first line and middle management levels. It’s particularly relevant for new managers but can also benefit experienced managers without previous management training, enhancing employability across the board. It’s presented by The Open University, a UK-based online learning and research university and an industry leader in executive education and upskilling the workforce. Their ultimate goal is to be world leaders in the design, content and delivery of supported open learning.
What you will learn:
- Leadership through different views
- The difference between leadership and management
- Different theoretical approaches to leadership
- The relevance of these approaches and applying them to your own context
- Leadership models for 21st Century organisations
- Leadership models that respond to organisations increasingly characterised by flatter structures and complex matrix arrangements
- How to explore adaptive leadership
- Areas of further personal development to enhance your leadership practice
- How to plan the next stages of your own leadership development
- The leadership theories and approaches covered to your own work-based context
Where this course could take you:Here are some career opportunities this short course will help you work towards:
- Managers across all sectors at both first line and middle management levels
To sign up for this course: